First Chords is a guitar method for younger learners designed to build chords from partial shapes into the full versions. This ten session course will provide many basic chord shapes and develop a range of strum patterns.
- Three and four string versions of basic chords.
- Introductory strum patterns.
- Full versions of the chords.
- Intermediate quaver strum patterns.
- Chord charts and practice exercises.
- Supporting videos for each session.
The First Chords lesson book and video lessons work together to provide a helpful start to guitar strumming for younger learners.
- This book has been used extensively for ages 5 through 15.
Created by Mark Wilkes at Village Guitar.